Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
There's really gotta be a bunch more to this story than what we are reading. Sad, but something is wrong with the story, or the parent was at fault.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know that my son (5 1/2) loves to run behind me when I mow. Everytime I see / catch him, I stop, turn off the mower and explain the dangers. I ALWAYS talk to him before I even start. He is still just a kid that loves machines. All he really wants is a ride on the mower (never w/ blades on).

That changed this year, I got a WB!

You can't fault the kid (he was 4 for g*d sake). Unfortunatly the blame is on the mower operator and day care provider.

Good reality check.

Joe

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I mow a daycare, the lady keeps all the kids inside till I'm done, I probably would'nt cut it if she did not do this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Damn, thats a bad one. Stuff happens in any line of work so be careful. I wouldn't want to live with that. That man will definately need some counseling to get through that.
:angel:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Originally posted by AssuredServicesCo
Damn, thats a bad one. Stuff happens in any line of work so be careful. I wouldn't want to live with that. That man will definately need some counseling to get through that.
:angel:
I never thought about that, but he will deff. need counseling. Not sure if counseling would help me, if I caused an accident like that.
Don't know what I would do. Hope I never have to find out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This brings a tear to my eye. I have a 3 1/2 year old who absolutely loves watching me work, and stories like this really make me realize how much my kids mean to me. Luckily, he just likes to sit on the porch and color with his sidewalk chalk while i run the big mowers.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I'm sitting here thinking about this one.

I know that sometimes my hand will slip off my walk behind and it will get away from me. Iv had it run up the side of a bush because I couldn't grab the handle that slipped out of my hand. What if there were a kid right there?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Tragic, very very tragic, but I agree with Doc, something missing here, where were the other people, the babysitter, the other kids and so on. Guys be careful out there, we operate machines that we sometimes mistake for toys and please make sure you have insurance. Be safe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.