1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer basket suggestions

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrookviewLawn, Oct 2, 2008.

1. BrookviewLawn

BrookviewLawn LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I am in the process of modifying an open trailer, and was wondering how to build the basket for the front. I want to keep 2 gas cans, a spool of trimmer string, a hand blower, and some other assorted items in it. What dimensions do you think would work best (width, length, height). Also, how high above the bed of the trailer should I mount it?

2. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

The Jungle Jim's I have is super. Take a look at it...

http://www.junglejimsap.com/images/high angle w cooler.jpg

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Jest set out the stuff you want to put in it and take some measurements. Measure the hieght of mower/s of how far under they/it will go). Thats what I did and it worked perfect. I just used angle iron and mesh/expanded steel.

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

mine is 2x2 i believe, and the width of the trailer (6'). i can cary 2 bp blowers, 2 5gal cans, 1 2.5gal can, 1 pruner, 1 chainsaw, trimmer line, 2.5gal roundup concentrate, and misc oil, edger blades, etc...it took some arranging, but i could fit all this and still be somewhat comfortable working out of it.