1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Brakes

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by drsogr, Oct 26, 2005.

1. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

When I hit the brakes in the truck the trailer brakes seem to jolt the truck. It doesn't seem to transition very well. Is this common? I was thinking since they were electronic brakes they might be all or none? I have been using the intensity nob to adjust them as I brake, and it seems to help out quite a bit. Just tends to be a nuicense.

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have that problem when they are turned up to high for the load. Pardon my lack of knowledge. But my controller has 2 slide controls. I always start with them both in the middle and work from there.

I usually let the trailer brakes slow me down.

Derek

3. Rich's LS

Rich's LS LawnSite Member

You want it to be smooth.. I would start with it weak and then progress from there... Remember that if you need them to stop you more once in a while you can use the manual switch to stop on a dime... If you have the brakes on the trailer stop you then they will wear out real quick.... Hope this helps