1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Cage

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by freshprince94, Aug 7, 2008.

1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there anywhere I can BUY one of those cages on the front of trailers for BP blowers and such...I am looking to purchase one as I am not much of a welder. Thanks!

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I dont know...but if you can find one get one...or get a welder, there very useful..I would hate not to have a storage box on my trailer.

3. Cashio13

Cashio13 LawnSite Member

4. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Like this?
    I got this at my local weld rite dealer, they are out of Ocala I believe, so I am sure there is a place in Orlando to pick one up. This was on my old trailer a few years ago and it was $350 installed then. I am sure with the price of steel lately its probably near $500 now. Well worth every penny though....

DSC01281 (Small).JPG

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i like the little shelf in there! i had mine made at a trailer builder near me!

6. freshprince94

Thanks guys, I am going to look into it...my trailer came with a cage but it was mounted to the bottom of the trailer like a storage box. I am going to see if I can have it mounted on the trailer.

7. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

that is a great idea about the shelf.

i paid about $500 earlier this year, but it's worth every penny. i protect a couple thousand worth of equipment w/ it.

if you are primarily thinking of blower storage check out the blower racks that northern tool has. i have 2 blowers and there just wasnt enough room in the cage for my stuff so i added one of these too.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

8. freshprince94

Found one on TSC, do you guys think this is wide enough to fit an Echo PB-265 L or a future Stihl BP blower?

9. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

they normally only sell 5' cages. would depend on your trailer size.

10. freshprince94

Trailer size is 4x8

I like the Rack EM cage but its way to much $$$