Lawn Care Forum banner

Trailer Dilemma

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  fireball756 
#1 ·
So to start off I want to say I live in a rural area and my main service is mowing. Everyone who mowes here uses zero turns with at least a 50" deck. That being said, I have a situation when it comes to trailers, currently using a 6x10 trailer does fine hauling one zero turn. However, I am soon going to upgrade to two mowers and I don't know if a 14ft trailer is necessary or could I get by with a 12ft trailer with a double gate so I can load one side to side and one facing the truck. I'm really trying to keep my trailer and truck length as short as possible as I've been blessed with a lot of clients who have literally nowhere for me to park my rig. I'm constantly along narrow country roads and parking in confined areas therefore the shorter I can get the better off I am. So would a 12ft double gate do the trick with two commercial zero turns? Or should I just bite the bullet and go with a 14ft? Any advice and opinions are welcome and appreciated!!!! Thanks!

#3 ·
I only have one sit down ZTR (72"). The other three are standers (52"). One of the main reasons we bought many more standers was the space in the trailer the standers took up vs. the sit down.

If you have already committed to your mowers then I would go with the 14'. Two feet is two feet, but it might be needed. Plus you have to consider the weight of the new mowers vs the weight rating for the axles.

#10 ·
I would do the cabover but don't wanna maintain another truck. I try to make one truck my "everything" just to keep things efficient. Also I'm unfamiliar with stander mowers I've seen them but none of the local dealers even carry them in my area. Hopefully I pick up enough yards to finally get over the hump and just get two mowers and a 14ft. My second mower would be a 60" zrt. My current is a 54" zrt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.