• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Trailer dump of mulch

Stihl036pro

LawnSite Member
This year I would like to order a trailer dump of mulch. I think there is about 75 yards in one of them. Im sure that a lot of you guys here use that method. I have been buying mulch from a local company and only get a 10% discount. I need to make more profit off this product. What are the pro and cons. I have'nt ran any numbers yet but how much more profit do you think I would make by doing it this way. Thanks for the help!! -MIKE-

OP
S

Stihl036pro

LawnSite Member
Yea, I got a place and a machine to load it with. Thats not the problem. I'm just thinking of the extra dough I will be making

kris

LawnSite Bronze Member
As long as you can sell it ..why not? The extra time you must be spending going for pick up must really add up.

OP
S

Stihl036pro

LawnSite Member
Mulch whare I was buying it from was retailing Brown Cedar for 33 per yard. I am buying it for 28 per yard. Thats a lot compared to buying it in bulk. The premium hemlock mulch which I absolutey love reatails for 40 a yard. I have a hard time selling that mulch becasue of the price. I think its the best thing going expect for the price. Anyone else like the premium Hemlock.

DUSTYCEDAR

LawnSite Fanatic
that price is 4 the brown or black dyed mulch
i think we get 60 yards at a time not totaly sure i take it from a friend we can get it cheeper if we commit to more product but we dont have the room
if i was to buy it from the local mulch place it would be 25 a yard