Trailer gate

TwoBrothersLC

LawnSite Member
I am getting a new trailer...8'x14'...it may need a gate on the back...do any of you know if I can just buy a gate to put on the thing? It's 3 years old and I am buying it for $300...figure I can spend a few bucks to put a gate on it. Thanks in advance for your advise. If you know a manufacturer, I'll contact them for local access.

tx_angler

LawnSite Senior Member
Unless it was manufactured locally your best bet is go to the welder and then you'll be sure it fits.

P&C Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Call around to some trailer sales and see if they have any gates that would fit, they could probably install one for you, However I think your best bet is to figure out what you want and have a welder make you one.

Royalslover

LawnSite Senior Member
Twobros, It's impossible to retro fit a gate on an old trailer. Btw, could you give me the address of where this trailer is located. :D :D

OP
T

TwoBrothersLC

LawnSite Member
I have a farm store nearby and I'll check with them. I will also check with a local welder to see what they can fashion together. Royalslover...too late...it's mine:)

Royalslover

LawnSite Senior Member
Twobros. If you have a welder do this make sure he uses fairly heavy expanded medal, and tell him to weld every joint. When you buy a trailer with a gate they usually only weld it about every six inches or so. When I made my ramp I used the heaviest mesh I could buy and welded every joint and I've been using it for 5 years without a problem.

lawnman_scott

LawnSite Fanatic
just go to any trailer place. I had one that was bad, all bent up, they put a whole new ramp on for about $250 a couple years ago.