1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Guardian

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Soupy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

2. jd6323

jd6323 LawnSite Member

I just put a big ole lock on the latch thing on the trailer but I guess it could be cut if somebody really wanted it. Mine stays back behind the gate and my neighborhood is pretty safe. If I have to park anywhere with it I keep an eye on it.

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I didn't buy it for theft. I think it is great that it prevents the coupler from detaching even if the nut on the trailer ball falls off. You never know what can happen. It's not like I never heard of a trailer coming unhooked.. I think this is it's main purpose. The lock is just a plus if you want it.

I won't even use the lock on it (just one more key I don't need). I will use a pin instead.

4. jd6323

jd6323 LawnSite Member

Ah I didn't think of it that way. I have heard some nasty horror stories of boats and trailers getting totalled that way.

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

just get some big safety chain and be done...cheaper too. or a pentil(sp) hitch