• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Trailer Insurence?????

gator-town

LawnSite Member
jajwrigh ... your equipment/utility trailer should be insured under your truck/vehicle policy which does not include the items on the trailer ... your equipment should be covered under your company liability insurance ... at least that is how mine is set up .

Wells

LawnSite Member
My 7'x16' enclosed trailer is covered under my auto policy as a rider to the auto. It increased the premium by $50.00 per year. Less that $5.00/month.

Equipment is covered under the business liability insurance, just like Gator-Town said.

captaingreen

LawnSite Senior Member
Mine is also covered under my auto policy. If you call and speak with your auto ins. company they could tell you if your already covered.

vadeere

LawnSite Member
It is covered under the tow vehicle's policy. You can buy extra coverage which we have for our landscape/car trailer. It was $20 for 6 months or 12 months I can't remember. It was worth it to us when you have a 4,000 pound $20,000 thousand dollar investment in tow.

Hope this helps.

AGLawnCare

LawnSite Member
i had it covered under my auto and it only covered me up to 1,000 dollars when our trailer got totaled so you should make sure you check on the amount it is covered up to

scagman11

LawnSite Member
Your business liability will not cover what is on the trailer. To cover the contents off the trailer it needs to be added as what is called inland marine. If a mower flies off the trailer and damages someones car or property your auto insurance will pay for that. Liability only covers the other persons property.