1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Jack Bearing

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by work4green, Jan 27, 2005.

1. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

I have a trailer jack that the manuf. failed to fit with a grease fitting, and the bearing finally gave up the ghost. I'm looking for a replacement bearing, as this is the only thing wrong with the jack, but can't find a supplier. Anyone have any ideas? The bearing is made to take a load parallel to the shaft, instead of perpendicular to the shaft like a wheel bearing. Its probably a $5 part- the new jack is nearly $60.

2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of your auto parts stores are pretty good with the bearings. I know that NAPA is real good for the bearings. Have you tried any trailer places? Worse comes to worse...get on e-bay and do a search for the seller "bearingking". He has an e-bay store on line. I have done business with him. He is out of Texas and a gentleman.

3. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

Thanks, I'll try these out. NAPA comes to mind, but I had to buy some bearings for a mower once, I can buy for 10 bucks or less, they were around 25 each at NAPA. I had to have them that day to finish the job though... and they haven't failed yet, so they must be quality.