1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Plate Michigan

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SuperZZZ, Jan 4, 2007.

1. SuperZZZ

SuperZZZ LawnSite Member

Have a question maybe someone can help here.Looking to buy a open trailer from my bro.Michigan has a permanent plate for trailers now.They say theyre non-transferrable.Would i need to buy a new plate ?Im not sure about getting a plate so im not sure if theyre just registered in his name or just to the trailer? THANKS FOR ANY INFO.

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

you have to buy a new plate$$$$. Say thanks to Jenny when you write that big check out.

3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

you know its one less thing that i have to worry about each year so i dont really mind.

4. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

You need a new plate. I just built a new trailer. I believe that the reg. fee is only $75 if the trailer weighs less than 2500 lbs. A bit more if its over that. Since there was no information on file about my trailer at the sec. of states, I had to get it weighed and include a bill of sale / attestment of the fact that I actually built it.

Hope this helps you out. Good luck