1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Prices?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by wanabe, Feb 15, 2005.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

I was just wondering what the going price is for a new open 16-18 foot car hauler type trailer is. I looked at a New Trailerman 18 foot open, no sides, 2 5000 LB axles, brakes on both axles, new tires, non treated wood deck, slide out ramps, 2 5/16" coupler, brakeaway box, frame was 2x6 channed in front, 2X4 in rear, price was $2850. I thought this was a little high, but then again it is a 10,000lb trailer. How does this compare to what you have bought/seen in your area? I will make sides that are removable, not welded on. Thanks

2. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Road Warrior car hauler 7000gvw elec . brakes, factory wiring, trailer rated tires and rims,all stuctural channel, Dexter axles w/warranty, teardrop fenders, 5' HD ramps, 14 stake pockets with TREATED FLOORS
    16'x8.5.....$$1745.00
    18'x8.5.......$1795.00

or tilt w/ 2spd hyd pump and ram for lifting
    18'x8.5..$2430.00

or 16' tandem plain jane w/ low railing all the way around except back.I think that you could add a ramp gate very easy. looks just like the one I got except I have side loading on mine as well the as the rear ramp gate and that sells for $1395.00

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

last year i bought a new 16' 2-3500lb axles 1 with brakes, 1 w/o, break away
    box, 2' high mesh front & sides, mesh 5'(?) gate, untreated 2x6 floor, 2 5/16 ball, 1800 bucks.
    pulls great and sides are easy to increase height with plywood.
    It can and has hauled a car. just difficult to get out after its on. :D