1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

trailer question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Is there anyway i could fit a 50" mower on a 4x8 trailer? I dont have the trailer yet and i dont have the mower yet.

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I dont see a problem with fitting one on there. Buy the mower first and measure it before you buy the trailer. You won't be able to fit a whole lot on there though.

3. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

im getting a free 4feet wide, 8feet long trailer from a relative. I was thinking putting it side ways but i dont know if the mower is longer than 48 inches.

4. topher924

topher924 LawnSite Member

TIGHT FIT BUT FREE IS FREE

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I doubt it would fit if it's got anti scalping wheels on the side of the mower.

6. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Why not just buy a 48 inch mower? It would probably fit the best.

7. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Most mowers are at least two or three inches wider than the cut dimension. Sounds like a pretty tough fit if the trailer has sides on it.

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Usually if something is 48 inches wide, i have found putting something 50 inches wide in it to be particualarily difficult. Maybe its just me.

9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

if there are no sides on it you'll fit it fine, however if there are sides it ain't fittin

10. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Can I fit 5 gallons of gas in a 2.5 gallon can, I dont have the can yet or the gas.:confused: