trailer questions???

XxGroundControlxX

LawnSite Member
Thinking about getting a 6x12 trailer. But who all uses a side ramp and rear ramp trailer? Do you guys like them? Or is just a rear ramp good enough? What are yalls thoughts?
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic
I have both on my trailer but only use the side ramp for mulch jobs, back only when mowing.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
X

XxGroundControlxX

LawnSite Member
Why's that?
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic
Side ramp folding out into the street is a problem and into the lawn its in the way. On mulch jibs I can fold it down near the area I'm working in and shorten how far we push the materials without going over a curb.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
X

XxGroundControlxX

LawnSite Member
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. Can you fit a zeroturn rider and a walk behind both facing forward on a 12' ?
Posted via Mobile Device

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic
You'll have to measure, it will be close.
Posted via Mobile Device

WenzelOSLLC

LawnSite Senior Member
I wish I had a side ramp for the one house that never has enough parking. I can usually get the truck and trailer to fit but not enough room to drop the gate, pull out the z, and grab the 21 or 36. (Mines also enclosed )

OP
X

XxGroundControlxX

LawnSite Member
Yeah my buddy puts his ztr on front the wbh sideways on back. I don't wanna do that ha
Posted via Mobile Device

Kelly's Landscaping

LawnSite Platinum Member
My 20 footer has a 48 inch side gate. I use it for the 2 lawns I cut with the 21 inch mower it allows me to park my big mower on the trailer and avoid having to restart it after I finish a small pool area. It's a nice novelty I even put a gate assist on it hehehehe but I wouldn't have ordered a trailer with it. I use it more to pretend it's not a useless option on my trailer than anything else.

Now on a 12 foot trailer I can't see it being that needed but perhaps you have a job it would fill. I do have a 12 footer but its not seen any action in over 2 years my plan is to get some time to fabricate some things I have dreamed up and make it a fertilizer only trailer.

Top Forums