1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Setup For 08

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jaybow, Jan 28, 2008.

1. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Well I have been trying to get things setup and organised for the 08 season. One thing that really bugged me last year was when i would back the trailer into the garage I would always have to remove the shovels rake and broom from the tool rack I made for them because they were to tall to make it into the garage without hitting the overhang. Needless to say I had a couple of accidents by forgetting to do this. So now I drilled some holes so they can drop down and be caught by a little pocket I made out of angle iron. I work another job so every little bit of saved energy helps.I was wanting to add a front basket also and get rid of the plastic tool box on the floor so I could have more floor space but im not sure it would be more convenient accessing the blowers.Gemplers sells a front basket setup but its expensive I think over $600 for basket and lid assembly.

100_1202.JPG

100_1204.JPG

100_1203.JPG

2. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

looks great man, something that I think would make the mowers or at least the toro look a whole lot better is buy a $5 can of black high heat spray paint and paint the muffler! just something I did with my mowers , makes them look a lot better , but other than that you look ready to go ! I wish I could bring my trailer out of storage , its just too cold I don't feel like it right now ! Bust of Luck in 2008!

3. jaybow

from Mi

Yeah i was thinking about doing that before spring. It was like that when I got it used this past summer.I was thinking about getting some plastic paint and painting the gas tank on the toro to.It would cover where it says toro but I dont like the faded look of it.Also wanted to repaint the handlebars.

4. jaybow

from Mi

I noticed you have 80 residential accounts.What is the average price you get on your residentials in Novi. Where im at $25 is average but you still get people who only want to pay $20.

5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Yikes! The cheapes lawn i had last season was $25. Just shows the prices ranges across the country.

Your trailer / equipment looks good and nice idea making that hand tool rack system.

6. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

nice set up, i use to have a toro mower just like that except it was a 44in, there a good machine. anyway looks good, also what city are u working out of?
    alex

7. Mimowerman

Average, well, I'm really not sure ! I have built the business from the ground up and over the years have gotten wiser and wiser in the pricing aspect. The old price for most of the lawns was $15 say eight years ago, as I was not licensed insured and didn't even own a Truck ( Used a mini van) . Nowadays , I price competitively , not lower than 20 dollars , yes I said 20 , Some may bitc* about this number but as I see it that isn't that low for these accounts (30+accounts per neighborhood, 30 seconds drive time in betweenclusters of three or more ) . My normal account is between 20 and 25 dollars with many in a 23 -25 doller range. Some estate sized properties(in northville township) in the hundred dollar range (3+ Acres ) . I find that these prices are fairly typical in this area , and now when placing bids on most of the residential lawns , I will typically go for twenty five bucks as it isn't worth my time to stop for any less . So the twenty dollar accounts have been on board for many years, and yes I have raised their prices up from the 15-17 dollar range as the costs of business have risen . hope this helps, feel free to pick my brain any more , I'd like to help in any way possible ! :drinkup:

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice setup, how do you like your quick?

9. Mimowerman

sorry about the double post , but while it was fresh on my mind I also wanted to ask if you have ever considered a sulky for the toro , or maby the quick 36
    ( no experience with this mower)? I've got the toro 44" t bar with a 15 horse engine , and a sulky , it works great in top gear , as I at least can't walk comfortably behind it at this speed . Just another friendly suggestion. take care -Chris

10. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i like it what is that a 7x12...also is the quick36 locked up to the floor i cant really tell if so howd whatd u do there jst tryin to get some good ideas...right now im in college and the place i like has no shed gerage and im lookin for some ideas for this summer