1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer storage cage?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mikekl, Jun 21, 2005.

1. mikekl

mikekl LawnSite Member

I am building a raised trailer storage cage for the front of the trailer,It is going to have a lid so I can lock up everything,I thought about using expanded steel but kinda wanted a sealed box to keep stuff out of the weather.The only problem I can foresee is the wind resistence factor,solid box 24" high sitting total of 48" from the trailer deck,Would this be noticable in power or in truck MPG ? My only concern is when Im on the expressway.Also if anybody has any pics of their storage boxes,Id love to see em.Thanks guys,Mike

2. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think the box would make a significant difference unless you were driving long distances. IF your route is pretty tight, you won't notice a bit of difference. I figured you're pulling a trailer full of equipment anyways, so you're already burning extra gas. IF it costs you an extra 2-3 gallons a year, so be it.