Trailer Tips Needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mountain man, Jun 2, 2000.

  1. mountain man

    mountain man LawnSite Member
    Messages: 141

    I have a new maintenance trailer that I am sending in next week to have all of the extras put on it. I purchased a Jungle Jim Trimmer / Blower rack that I am going to have a ladder rack installed to sit on top. It has a large cage on the front already. I also am going to have water jug rack, spare tire bracket, shelf for herbicide tanks, etc. I also am going to have a secured toolbox welded on and a fire extinguisher and First Aid with MSDS notebook unsecured. All of the weedeaters, blowers, etc will be on the passenger side so the drivers side of the trailer will remain open for convience when loading/unloading mowers (this trailer will only carry walk behinds). The gate will probably need to be lengthened because I have noticed the wbs drag when unloading. What are some additional things that you have found on your trailer that improve efficiency, increase safety, etc? My goal is to work smarter and keep the truck bed open for materials and yard waste and keep the trailer floor open for mowers. <p>Thanks,<p>MM
  2. curlawngreen

    curlawngreen Banned
    Messages: 309

    It depends on which side of the property you park on. The safe way is on passenger side, work wise is on driver side.
  3. mountain man

    mountain man LawnSite Member
    Messages: 141

    Safety is the number one priority so all the racks and equipment will be on the passenger side. Thanks
  4. paul

    paul Lawnsite Addict
    Messages: 1,625

    have a 30 gallon DOT approved gas installed that way only once or twice a week fillups are needed.<p>----------<br>paul<br>
  5. mountain man

    mountain man LawnSite Member
    Messages: 141

    Any ideas where a gas can should go since tongue weight is an issue and we don't want to waste floor space? Currently their is a basket on the tongue that holds a five gallon can and two 1 gallon mix cans. I keep extra full cans at the shop so the guys leave each morning with a full 5 gallon can.<p>Thanks, MM.<br>
  6. Guido

    Guido LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,087

    Check OSHA and your states DOT standards before spending a bundle on a fuel container that large. They have quite a bit of rules against that if I recall correctly. You might have to have a hazmat license, etc. <p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti
  7. thelawnguy

    thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,411

    If the container is over 7.5 gal, the vehicle is required to be placarded, and the driver of the vehicle must posess a valid CDL and medical card.<p>Bill
  8. paul

    paul Lawnsite Addict
    Messages: 1,625

    Ok guys Hasmat needed (by federal law) on any hasardous material over 100 gallons. <br>but tank must be DOT approved.<p>----------<br>paul<br>

Share This Page