1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer tires?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedWingsDet, Apr 6, 2007.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

What kind of trailer tires do you guys recommend?

I am clueless when it comes to tires. I dont know anything really. Such as biasply vs raidal, whats the difference, whats better, etc?

Oh and its a 20ft enclosed. I would like to get new tires on it ASAP.

Thanks!

2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Take it to a trailor shop. They will tell you the best tires for it. Dont use standard automobile tires, they wear pretty fast.

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

I did that last year and they put crap tires on it. Within a month the tire was loosing air.

I want to get the best tires I can for it. Maybe something with a load E if they make them for trailers?

4. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I have triton 8ply tires. The heavier duty tires the better!

5. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

Why not go to a tire shop? I got my trailer tires at my local GoodYear store. They can get pretty much any tire I need.

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

Yeah I am going with 205/75/15 8ply radials.

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

If your wheels can fit a larger tire try looking at the BF Goodrich Commercial T/A Allseason they are a good long wearing rib tread tire. The smallest size they have is 235/75R15.

8. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

goodyear marathons THE BEST!

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We get our tires for trailer from Discount and they are trailer tires since they won't sell us a passenger tire to put on a trailer. The trailer tires wear completely down in two years even though we probably don't put more than 5K on them. And the tires are getting around $85 where as a very good passenger tires runs about half that amount. I am running one passenger tire as an experiment on my 4 wheel trailer.