• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Trailer tires?

RedWingsDet

LawnSite Gold Member
What kind of trailer tires do you guys recommend?

I am clueless when it comes to tires. I dont know anything really. Such as biasply vs raidal, whats the difference, whats better, etc?

Oh and its a 20ft enclosed. I would like to get new tires on it ASAP.

Thanks!

ChadsLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Take it to a trailor shop. They will tell you the best tires for it. Dont use standard automobile tires, they wear pretty fast.

OP
RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet

LawnSite Gold Member
I did that last year and they put crap tires on it. Within a month the tire was loosing air.

I want to get the best tires I can for it. Maybe something with a load E if they make them for trailers?

Gravel Rat

LawnSite Fanatic
If your wheels can fit a larger tire try looking at the BF Goodrich Commercial T/A Allseason they are a good long wearing rib tread tire. The smallest size they have is 235/75R15.

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
We get our tires for trailer from Discount and they are trailer tires since they won't sell us a passenger tire to put on a trailer. The trailer tires wear completely down in two years even though we probably don't put more than 5K on them. And the tires are getting around $85 where as a very good passenger tires runs about half that amount. I am running one passenger tire as an experiment on my 4 wheel trailer.