1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Tires

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Fireman D, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Fireman D

Fireman D LawnSite Member

Where can I get some trailer tires that will last. I've seen where people suggest Carlilse tires. Where can I get a look at some? (web site) I am currently running 235/75/15 tires on my 6.5'x12' tandem axle trailer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Any discount tire store has carlisle tires.

I would also recommend that any tire you get is E-rated. Only costs $20 more per unit, and worth gold when you have to rely on them.

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used Carlisle, Goodyear trailer tires, and even one time a Firestone car tire on my big trailers. I have found the Goodyears last a little longer than the others. I go through a set of 4 in about a year on my 24' enclosed. Most trailer dealers around here sell the Carlisle's.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

If you get a season out of a set of any tires on a dual axcel trailer you will be doing good. The back set of tires scuff off tread when turning. I pay about $80.00 each for E rated trailor tires ballanced and installed.

Gene