• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

trailer welding

work4green

LawnSite Member
I'll be in Sarasota next week to visit family. I can weld but won't have a welder... (FIL has a cheapie mig but I doubt I'd trust it to a structural weld)

There should be a mobile welding service in the area?

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
Might be cheaper to jack it up and remove the spring and shackle and have them fixed than get a mobil welder to come out. And it might be faster too.

work4green

LawnSite Member
I hope old broken parts are being replaced it new, not being welded back together. I'm as cheap as anybody, but you don't skimp on suspension parts. :dizzy:

If you want to get a strong welder for repairs, check out www.readywelder.com That's what I use and its a hot welder using fluxcore. You'll need two good batteries, but if you need to do any welding on-site it is worth it. In fact, I don't currently have a shop welder(no power yet). I just use the batteries. I'd bring it down on my trip but we're taking my wife's Honda Civic(diesel prices are through the roof, otherwise I'd drive my dodge ram).

lwcmattlifter

LawnSite Senior Member
Is this the 4x8 in your sig? Why not get someone to help load it in your truck and take it to a welding shop?

NEUSWEDE

LawnSite Bronze Member
Here you go, one search of yahoo yellow pages and turns up 8 welder in you area, this one is mobile, call them and I am sure they will come do it!

A Affordable Mobile Welding
(941) 966-7456

good luck