trailer with front ramp

devinraptor

LawnSite Member
Do you guys know of anyone making trailers with front gates that will allow you to run a mower into the back of a truck to dump the grass? Or of anyone selling a Bolt on feature for existing trailers. My local welder has quoted a price of 1900 to put one on my existing trailer but I'm trying to figure out some other options. We bag way to much grass to dump it on a tarp and then put it in the truck. Thanks for the help.

Deja Vu...........

yankeeyardworks

LawnSite Member
well i have asked this question myself to this forum..,and had no luck 1900.00 sounds a little steep but i guess not unrealistic with evrything going up,,if you find out any info pleasse pass it along to me thanks

EverythingOutdoors

LawnSite Member
Do you mean you want to have the mower on the trailer and then drive it up a ramp and into the back of the truck?

Or do you just want a trailer with a side gate on the front?

Yeah, for $1,900 you could buy a nice Miller MIG welder and do it yourself.

On most landscaper trailers I've seen the front rail is a part of the support of the whole trailer, so maybe that's his problem.

Probably about as cheap to buy a new flatbed trailer and add sides and a front ramp to that.

Or just find a cheaper welder. One with lots of junk lying around to build stuff. New steel is pricy these days.

I'd bet if you found a trailer with front ramps it'd be too short or too wide or something. Sounds like a custom job to me.

Archimedes

LawnSite Member
The is an LCO in West Fork Ar with a trailer that has the front ramp exactly as you have suggested. I think the company is WoodScapes.

Patriot Services

LawnSite Fanatic
Is it really worth it for the limited amount of clipping you can put in a pickup bed. How about raised sides on the trailer making a large leaf box.
Posted via Mobile Device