1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trailer Worth It??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by taylortech, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Senior Member

The steel that the tongue is made of doesn't really look big enough for a trailer that size to my eye.

2. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Silver Member

This is kinda what I'm talking about.
    1) it literally looks as if it's just welded right to the front. If that's the case it's NOT EVEN close to strong enough.
    2) what's with that hollow tube right there?

Screenshot_20171122-152225.jpg

3. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

It looks flimsy to me. The boards aren't capped either. Another sign that whoever made it doesn't know how to build a good trailer.

sehitchman likes this.
  4. springfield_pest

springfield_pest LawnSite Member

The tongue on my 4x8 is hardier than that trailers. It looks like it was just butt welded to the frame instead of going under it.

dieselss and RDALawns like this.
  5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member

Run , then take that same money and buy a brand new trailer with brand new tires , lights and brakes . Finance the difference . My last new trailer lasted me 23 years

6. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from USA

I agree. Trailers are usually worth it to buy new.

RDALawns likes this.
  7. Planet-Landscape

Planet-Landscape LawnSite Member

Pass on it and put the money down on a quality trailer. If a new trailer isn't in the cards, pass on it and keep looking.

Mdirrigation and RDALawns like this.
  8. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

Not here. If you can put wheels on it and hook it up to a vehicle, they'll register it.

9. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

That gate won’t hold up either. The way it is built says that the mesh will bow and snap with regular use.

10. springfield_pest

springfield_pest LawnSite Member

Same in Ga as long as you have the stupid home made trailer "vin" plate permanently attached the cop will sign the paper and tag office never sees the trailer. One of mine the tag is held on with peratex ultra black very "permanent". The laws on trailers are so stupid, the cops don't really pay much attention to the tax around my house. A friend of mine at one point had 5 trailers and two tags one was expired so he would splash mud on it at the boat ramp to cover the sticker.