1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Toy2, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

My trailer has a wood floor, 2 by 6////the wood is shrinking, so I have gaps, do I get some plywood and make a new floor or just live with it? If I get mulch or rocks, I don't want to leave it highway???Thanks

2. GLC51

GLC51 LawnSite Member

My trailer came with gaps. I suppose that plywood would be nice. My concerns might be cost and and it getting slippery when wet. I use a large plastic tarp they are cheap I lay one on the floor and I drape one over the tailgate then pull it over the mulch to keep it from blowing around. They are cheap but some might prefer plywood instead. I don't haul that much mulch myself.

3. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

the wood floor to begin with gets slippery when wet. Plywood is a good idea...make sure you get treated for it to last the longest. you will really only need 1/4 to 1/2 inch since you are just using it to cover the main floor boards.

4. DownSouth

DownSouth LawnSite Member

ive seen a couple with plywood over it, they had some type of grip tape spaced about every foot..it looked pretty good and it cant cost that much