Trailers? What Kind Does Everyone Have?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by toddman35, Jul 29, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Double wide.<p>Oh...you mean lawn trailer :)<p>A Southeastern Metals 16 x 6 1/2 open with removeable gate. This is a replacement for my 14 x 6 1/2 that someone decided they needed worse than I did.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith

2. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

MOST TRAILERS ARE WELL BUILT.. BUT CHECK THE WELDS CAREFULY ON THE RAMPS& MESH. THESE SEEM TO TAKE THE WORST BEATING IN DAY TO DAY <br>USE. PLAN TO REPLACE THE LIGHTING PACKAGE THEY COME WITH ...I HAVE LED BREAK AND TURN SIGNALS ...NO BULBS TO BURNOUT ...NO SHORTS.. GOOD LUCK<p>----------<br>mark<br>

3. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

6x12 open and 8x20 enclosed, equip. is much safer and out of the weather with the enclosed. also dont have to load and unloud everyday.<p>----------<br>Dennis<br>EXCEL LAWN CARE

4. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I started with a 4x8 tilt, then 5x10, 6x12, and now have a 7x16 enclosed trailer. I cary 2 52&quot;mowers, 1 61&quot;mower, trim mower and all the small tools and ladders etc. to handle anything. I don't use this stuff everyday, but it's there when needed...that equals $$$ in your pocket and no trips back to the shop for a hedge clipper etc.. Also, I don't have to unload everything at the end of day or load at 7am. My advice is buy a little bigger than your immediate needs and get brakes on trailer if possible.

5. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Have a 7.5x16ft KAUFMANN with a 4.5 ft folding tailgate.(removeable)Tandem axle with electric brakes. Got a 3.5x7.5 metal locking cage across the front. Jungle jims racks on the passenger side to hold my: 2trimmers,1 edger, 2 backpack blowers one 5-gallon cooler and one hedgetrimmer. On the other side of the trailer(driverside) I had a rack welded up out of 1 inch square tubing to hold 10 hand tools.(rakes, shovels, etc)<br>We can haul a lot of stuff on it, too! Two snapper push mowers fit neatly under the equipment box all the way up front, followed by two 48 inch walk behind mowers with jungle jims sulkies. Depending on the jobs for the day, we even have room left for two of the 10-cu ft wheelbarrows(with the dual wheels) at the gate.(also have room to stick the wheeled parking lot blower between the two snappers if the day calls for it)<br>All the gas cans(color coded) go in the cage along with the grease gun, a handheld blower, rope, and spare 2-cycle oil.<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: lakegastonla<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: lakegastonla

6. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Ton of<br>Haulmark 6*18's enclosed.

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

I bought a Onxy Flyer 6*12 at Louisville. Saved about $400.00. What a nice trailer. The rear gate is split and will lay on the floor of the trailer when not transporting equipment. A real gas saver. The side and front rails are removable when you need a true flat bed trailer. It tows great, too. <p>I was able to get my Toro 255 Z-Master and Toro Proline on with a few inces to spare. I'm one happy camper with the Onxy.<p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Haulmark 7'x16' enclosed trailer and a open 6'x10' trailer for spraying operations.<p>[​IMG]<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn

9. OP
    OP
    toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

thanks for all your help, but i am still wondering if it would be worth it to spend the extra money to get a enclosed trailer. Also is 12' to small for 2 riders? thanks agian<p>----------<br>Todd Maurer<br>

10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Todd, depends on your funds, I would not have it any other way! I have multiple accounts as a direct result of the advertising on my trailer. My equipment stay secure and dry, and it makes a great port-a-pottie! ;)<p>Just wish I had funds for a Super Lawn Truck, as Stone has said, a large trailer and a large trailer = bad turning radius.