Trailers? What Kind Does Everyone Have?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by toddman35, Jul 29, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

A 12 foot trailer will be tight. My Grasshopper and Kees fit on the 16' with little room to spare.<p>The reason I stick with open trailers is this (this is going to seem like ******** logic): I have had a lot of stuff stolen over the years, including my trailer (stolen from a secure lot with electronic security gate). If I were to buy an enclosed trailer, I would be tempted to leave the equipment in it out of convenience. With the open trailer, I unload it every night and lock it in the shop.

2. Dink38

Dink38 LawnSite Member

We have a Mid Atlantic Landscape trailer. It is 6.5 x 18'. Has two ramps. Tandom. We haul a Chopper, 2 walkbehinds and a push. Still have some room.

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I had a 6x10 open trailer but totaled it and just replaced it with a 6.5x14 open trailer. I would like to get a 7x20 enclosed trailer in the future

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

wow i can finally reply to a message that deals with true landscaping equip lol! i am now the owner of a 4.5x10 trailer. flatbed expanded metal deck. does have slots for sides, i think it might be tilt (only had it for two days, and its not at my house yet lol. i think this is pretty good for a 14 year old with a push mower, also it was a lot of money (IT WAS FREE!!!). well gtg good luck.<br><p>----------<br>Scottie Schmidt<br>STS Lawn Care

5. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

I think i've found a trailer that I'm going to buy pretty soon. The local outdoor power company has it.<br>It's a 5/8 with a mesh floor and also has a gate, it's not a tilt bed. He has $550 on it.<br>I'm gonna shop around a little bit more, but I think this is a pretty good deal.<p>Tim

6. cuttin

cuttin LawnSite Member
    from nj

I have a 5x8 with angle iron sides and a drop gate purchased at Lowes for $528.It's got an expanded metal floor and 12&quot; wheels.Works nicely towing a 36&quot;wbh,21&quot;mower,edger,string trimmer,grass gobbler for the 36 and a green barrel(in which I store a backpack blower).I put a piece of plywood under the 36 for support.Also fit gas and mix cans on it.

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Turfguy-Mark:<br>Where do you get LED lights for trailers? Sounds interesting, no shorts, no burning out and all that good stuff. I'm interested, so please post here or email me. Thanks

[Edited by Eric ELM on 08-18-2000 at 01:36 AM]

8. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

moved up to a 20 footer last season with 2 gates; one in back & side gate at the front for unloading the WB when needed. Also if comm. place has too tall of curbs to fool with, I can let down the side gate in the grass & drive the big mowers off right into the grass!

9. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Snow,
    U-Haul installs nice hitches and they come with the wiring harness. Keeps a guy from busting up his knockles.

I use a 5X10 Parker trailer, works great for 48" and trim mower.

10. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have a southwest expressline 7' X 16' enclosed trailer and a 7' X 16' open landscape trailer. I wont buy anything for the mowing crews again unless it is enclosed. It keeps things other than mowers out of the weather and provides security when you are mowing away from the trailer. I would however recommend that you make sure that all you your mowers fit in the enclosed trailer as you would want them to. My next trailer will be a 8' X 20'. The cost difference in minimal. We love ours.