Trailers? What Kind Does Everyone Have?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by toddman35, Jul 29, 2000.

1. jimsmowin

jimsmowin LawnSite Member

funds make a differance. however after 6 years of learning don't buy under 16ft. i traded several to get too 16 ft. better off to start here even if used traller. i have two 16 ft'ers and one 20 ft deck over

2. bucktail

bucktail Member

2 words "TEXAS BRAGG"

3. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Just got a 6x12 enclosed trailer with back ramp and side door today at an auction, can't wait to get it lettered! It's pretty nice because it's red and will match the truck we're using for mowing. It's replacing a 5x12 open trailer, we use a 36" , 48" and 26" should fit no problem. The main reason i got it was to avoid unloading and loading every day , we park all trucks in a storage yard and lock equipt. in a 8x20 truck body right now. Also got a georgia buggy that runs for $35 can't beat that with a stick, i paid $1500 earlier this year for a DR Powerwagon and i already like the buggy better!

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Premier 6 x 16 with a 5' split gate. 4 wheel brakes,DOT Kit,
    EZ-Gate, Blower racks, Trimmer racks, tool box.

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Todd, make sure you get good high security locks. I bought mine at Granger and they were around $20 each but are pick proof and have the guards that prevent cutting. I have a lock on the trailer hitch and on my truck hitch also.

6. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

The old battlewagon of our company is a Williams custom trailer. The equipment bed is only 16' but as wide as is legal (even with the wheels). It has both a side and rear gate. It has a LARGE storage box that is 2' wide 4' tall and the width of the trailer. It has a top shelf for trimmers etc. and two doors on the bottom for fuel, tools and spare part storage. In the tounge area there is an expanded metal basket that holds 2 back pack blowers. A 3 trimmer holder is installed on the curb side.
    I can fit a combination of 2 DC's,1 WB and a trim mower or 2WB,1 DC and a trim mower.
    This season the favorite "trailer" is mounted on a F350 and has 12' flat and 4' Dove tail.
    The single axle 12x6 still gets a work out too.

7. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 5x8 tilt trailer for free. I ground/sandblasted everything down, repainted it, replaced the deck, and welded on an expanded rear end (1').

Overall I spent about 60 bucks on it. Its not as big as I would like, but the price was right.

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

In signature.

I'm very pleased with it so far, and there's room for growth if needed.

9. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

I have a 6.5 x 14 with a 4' drop down gate. I can load my ztr and small walk behind and still have room to haul debris from a job.

10. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

This has GOT to be the OLDEST thread ever brought back...

Anyway, right now I run a 6.5x12 single axle, and if things work out, next spring I am gonna be running a 6.5 or 7.0 x 16 or 18, behind a older 3/4ton. Now all I need to make all this new stuff work out is 20 more weekly mowing accts...