• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

trailor size?

Birddog Lawncare

LawnSite Member
I'm in the market for a new trailor and am unsure of what size to purchase? I will be a solo operation w/ a 36wb. My problem is I don't want to buy small and then looking to upgrade in a year or two, but then again I do not want to buy one that is over kill? Is a 12 footer or 16 footer best?

Metro Lawn

LawnSite Silver Member
a 6x12 should keep you going for a few years. It will hold 2 w/b or a z and a w/b plus the other stuff.

Jim H

LawnSite Member
Just starting out myself and bought a 6 x 12 with a 36in w/b and 21" toro. Although I know I will eventually need the space it looks very empty right now! :(

CNE

LawnSite Member
Go larger than you think you need. It will fill up fast. I bought a 6.5x12 last year and already need at least a 16ft. I found an 18 for the same price as th 16 I was looking at. I'm going to go ahead and get the extra 2ft. I plan on keeping the 12 footer though with hopes of needing it later for my future employees!!

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
I would get the 6 x 12. If you are just starting out that is the best all around trailer. It's not too small and not too big. You shouldn't grow out of this trailer for at least 5+ years. Even if you do, you will always have it as a backup.

grass_cuttin_fool

LawnSite Gold Member
I am also a solo operator and with the trimmer racks and and other accesories you can carry most everything you need on the 6x12, I carry 2 mowers most all time and a push edger