Transplanting boxwoods

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Bulzeye, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Bulzeye

Bulzeye LawnSite Member

Hey Guys, I looked through the forums but couldn't find it. I have a client that wants her front flower bed redone. She wants two boxwoods removed and two others transplanted in their place. This will be my first job like this and I'm not sure how to quote it. I've already told her that there would be no warranty on the transplants and she is fine with that. I'm also removing a small tree removed, I believe it's a weeping cherry. Thanks for any help

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

What's your hourly rate? How long do you think it will take for you to dig it out?

3. OP
    OP
    Bulzeye

Bulzeye LawnSite Member

i'm thinking 8-10 hrs for everything she wants done. probably 45 min to an hr for each transplant, theres a gas line near by i have to before you dig come out and locate so that could be an issue also. My hourly is $50 an hr for spring and fall clean up so i was going to stick with that I think. she's also wanting me to take out all the old mulch and lay weed mat down with a new bed of mulch. also to clean up the other shrubs and such that are there.

4. mdotbridgeman

mdotbridgeman LawnSite Member

Do not use weed barrier its just a hassle, plus will float the mulch on heavy rains. boxwoods should transplant if 50 50 shade sun and if you get plenty of rootball. goodluck