Trash bags

OakNut

LawnSite Fanatic
I use husky
Posted via Mobile Device

I used to use them (39 gal drawstring 1.1 mil) until they changed to that "stretchy" nonsense.
The new bags themselves are "OK", but they are a PITA to shake OPEN now. An annoyance I now avoid buy using Walmart bags. So far, so good on those.

The OP is pretty vague. There are all sorts of sizes and "quality"/thickness out there.
Are you bagging leaves, clippings, or debris?

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
The larger, the more you will want to put in it, increasing the weight and the possibility of it failing. You need a stronger bag, not a bigger bag. Strength is measured in mils(thickness). A 2 Mill is stronger than a 1 mil. You might want to consider High Density liners instead of the standard Linear Low D liners. The High Density liners will hold more weight, but will shear if punctured. The shearing when punctured will occur. if you put sticks in it. When the stick punctures the liner, it will open up like a zipper. Here is some info http://www.pittplastics.com/can_liners

whiffyspark

LawnSite Fanatic
I used to use them (39 gal drawstring 1.1 mil) until they changed to that "stretchy" nonsense.
The new bags themselves are "OK", but they are a PITA to shake OPEN now. An annoyance I now avoid buy using Walmart bags. So far, so good on those.

The OP is pretty vague. There are all sorts of sizes and "quality"/thickness out there.
Are you bagging leaves, clippings, or debris?

I have 3 mil 42 gallons. They work good. Even on branches
Posted via Mobile Device

QLM

LawnSite Senior Member
Find a good janitorial supply in your area! I buy huge bags that a billy goat bag fits inside of in boxes of 100. They hold like 65 gallons and are 2 mil. They work great for anything and are strong.

Look up a janitorial supply and you will never buy bags anywhere else.
Posted via Mobile Device

xstatikplus

LawnSite Senior Member
Ahh I miss those days. We can't use plastic bags here for yard waste anymore. Paper bags only and trust me I'd take the crappiest plastic bag over paper.
Posted via Mobile Device

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
Find a good janitorial supply in your area! I buy huge bags that a billy goat bag fits inside of in boxes of 100. They hold like 65 gallons and are 2 mil. They work great for anything and are strong.

Look up a janitorial supply and you will never buy bags anywhere else.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree. You can also check out restaurant suppliers such as Sysco or US Foods.

Top Forums