Trash bin washing service?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by jasonboaty, Jan 1, 2019.

1. jasonboaty

jasonboaty LawnSite Member

Has anyone started providing trash bin washing service either as an added service or stand alone business? If so how has it worked out?

2. ShowCaseLawnCare

ShowCaseLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

A few people in my area bought the big system to provide trash cleaning and pressure washing. They are out of business now.

3. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

I guess that was a trashy idea wasn't it

jasonboaty likes this.
  4. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Bleach water and a scrub brush... sounds like a simple business start up. Lmao

5. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

In our area the trash company provides the containers for free. If you want a new one, you call them up and they deliver. People call to get a free can when they get grungy.
    Even in areas where cans are not free, I don't see a viable business unless you get a whole neighborhood to agree to having their cans cleaned, and you do the cleaning on trash day.

GrassManKzoo and hort101 like this.
  6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I really don't care what the inside of my trash can looks like and I'm pretty sure when I told someone what it would cost to wash theirs out they wouldn't either.

hort101 likes this.
  7. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

Someone on here said they service a neighborhood where residents put their dog mess in a separate bin from their other trash.

I bet there is a market for it in that area.

hort101 likes this.