1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Traveling one mile...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALarsh, Apr 9, 2005.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I have a Toro Z557 and I was checking to see if it is ok for the hydros/hydro fluid to drive one mile non-stop?

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Why wouldn't it be?

3. ALarsh

from Midwest

I wasn't sure if the hydro fluids get too hot or something. I travel one mile, cut the grass (3/4-1 acre) and travel another mile back.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

My truck broke down a couple years ago. I had to drive the Walker to Pep Boys 1/2 mile away. Got back and truck still not working. Made the drive again to get an ignition module (which worked) and never had any problems with mower hydros.

5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I could have walked faster than my walker would go....LOL

6. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

should be fine ,cutting 1 acre of grass with a 72 inch mower is traveling about 3 miles ,and thats with blades on and constantly changing speeds and producing more heat, just cruising down the road is a cake walk for a mower

7. ALarsh

from Midwest

Ok, Thanks for the answers. I didn't want to mess up the hydros by traveling one mile on a normal basis.

8. mikeyshane331

mikeyshane331 LawnSite Member

the only thing i would worry about is if you are driving this mile a lot, is tires wearing out faster, but other than that i don't see a problem.

9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

i used to do this, and no problems at all.

10. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I broke a Ujoint in my dakota on the freeway and I just unloaded the Deere and pulled the rig a little more then 2 miles to get off the freeway and to Tuffy at the end of the offramp, never a issue