• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

tree planting

cclllc

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys,
I was wondering what you all would charge to plant about 200 trees (6 ft . tall min.labor only).Also they want me to guarantee them for a year.

http://cclllc.homestead.com

OP
cclllc

cclllc

LawnSite Senior Member
Digging conditions are clay and sandy soil.Digging with auger(tractor mount)Trees are all decid.

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
It's your call, but I wouldn't think of a guarantee on any plant material I did not supply. Is this for a homeowner's association by chance?

OP
cclllc

cclllc

LawnSite Senior Member
No this is a commercial account.Some of the places I trade give me a year anyway on their nursery stock.

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
Oh, the way I read it, I thought the property owner as supplying the trees. I thought they were asking for a warranty on their plants just because you planted them. LOL. I read "labor only" and made the assumption. We will usually give a warranty on plant material too as long as we supply it, even if the grower or nursery does not.

OP
cclllc

cclllc

LawnSite Senior Member
Auger is furnished by me.The trees vary in price.I need a price per tree on the labor.Trees will be moved by either skid steer or tractor.I'm sure someone out there has a price they charge to dig a hole,set a tree,and fill it back in.Thanks in advance.

Ocutter

LawnSite Senior Member
Well, you say that the trees are 6' so that means that they are 7g pots or even 10g. Price we charge for landscaping is 2.5x the $ of plants which includes 1yr. guar. If ou want exact time and price, then I would figure 15 min per tree (unloading and digging) x 200 trees= 3000 min (50 hrs). 50 hrs x $50 (2 men x 25per hr) = $2500 for labor plus xxxxx for materials, pickup, and delivery.