1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Tree Removal Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Tree Climbing, Pruning, Felling' started by Boersma Enterprises, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Boersma Enterprises

Boersma Enterprises LawnSite Member

I am working on a bid to cut down four 70 foot pines. They are about 2.5 feet in diameter at the base of each tree. There is a building 50 feet away but we have a parking lot to drop the tree into for cutting up, loading, and hauling away. I have a trailer and the saws to do the job.

I need to know what is a competitive price range. I am thinking around $4,000-$6,000 but I want to have a little more information so I can get a solid number. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

Josh Boersma
    Owner

photo(10).jpg

2. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

Why so high on price... I see it being a two day job maybe even one day...

3. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Is this your first tree removal job?
    Does your price include grinding out of stumps?
    Are you a member of the church that your submitting this bid for?
    easy-lift guy

4. b landscaping

b landscaping LawnSite Member

That would be a 2500-3000 job and have it done in six hrs
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

If they're cool with flopping them in the parking lot, and assuming a 25 minute drive to the dump site, that job would take my two man crew 4-5 hours on site and cost ~$1200-1500. The stumps would be another $2-300 without cleanup, depending on the surface roots.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  6. lovealways

lovealways LawnSite Member

That depends on the height, size, condition of ground, tree species, and time took to remove a time. In your case of four 70 foot pines it cost not more than 2500$. A little more for stump removal and site clean up. Reliable tree service company might charge little more for that but not more than 3500$.

7. Steve Voss

Steve Voss LawnSite Member

I agree 2400 - 3000 tops, even without owning the proper equipment, you can rent a grinder for 200, a dumptrailer for 200 more, and come out well over a grand profit for one days work.

8. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Won't they break the pavement id you drop them?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. b landscaping

b landscaping LawnSite Member

Pavement should not have a problem unless stubs are on the tree. Then they will push in pavement. Nothing a little asphalt patch can't fix.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

Um that's concrete. Busting a parking lot is hack work unless the told them the danger and they accepted the cheaper option.

I would drop the first, then cut it up and make a pile for the rest to fall on.
    Posted via Mobile Device