1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Tree removal

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Nick crisp, May 20, 2020.

1. Nick crisp

Nick crisp LawnSite Member

Hey guys how much would you charge for this just to cut up and leave on site don't have to haul away

1589985574255199275321.jpg

1589985635283-902973446.jpg

matt allen tree removal.jpg

2. Marshall's Yard Service

Marshall's Yard Service LawnSite Senior Member

What lengths does it need to be cut into?
    I've never done a job like this, but I would probably charge $75. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to cut that up.

3. OP
    OP
    Nick crisp

REALLY $75??? i was thinking like 200. he wants it stacked beside his house also-i should have mentioned that, im thinking it would take me and another guy at least 1 hr each if not more. so 2 guys 2 hours a piece worst case is 4 total man hours.

4. Joana Williams

Joana Williams LawnSite Member

At least $200.00

Jeff@diyokc likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Nick crisp

thanks joana!

Joana Williams likes this.
  6. EmeraldCut

EmeraldCut LawnSite Member

Be clear about: [a] what the stump will look like and the presence (or lack) of sawdust on his property after your departure.

If it is really 2 guys * 2 hours for your team then you cannot go any lower than $240. (Assuming that covers windshield time too.) $1/minute is the minimum IMO.

Could be about 1/4 cord of wood after dressing. So, he has $50 in value from the cut wood. Slip that into the pricing conversation.

As well, for the love of all things big and small, offer to tidy-up that driveway (for another $XXXX) Thumbs Up

Perhaps a third conversation, "Mr. Homeowner, while I am here, there are some other trees that caught my eye....."

Jeff@diyokc likes this.
  7. Jeff@diyokc

Jeff@diyokc LawnSite Senior Member

Great opportunity for some upsells as @EmeraldCut has suggested. He and @Joana Williams are correct, you have got to cover windshield time, the cutting and stacking, and cleanup as suggested. In my eyes, gives the impression of a proactive, solution seeker!

8. Marshall's Yard Service

Marshall's Yard Service LawnSite Senior Member

Ok. That changes what I would charge, I didn't know yet that it needed to be stacked next to the house. From your original post, I thought you were just cutting it and leaving it in a pile next to the driveway. I agree with the other estimates then, about $200 - $250.

Jeff@diyokc likes this.