1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trench Master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nlminc, Mar 28, 2000.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I was looking into buying one (model F-780H) to cut edges on my properties. Do these really work well and are they worth the $2200.00 price tag?

2. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

Great machine! I rented one last week for a new install. 685ft. of bed edge @ .65 per ft. is easy $$$ for about 2hrs. work. I've rented them several times and am to the point I'm considering a purchase myself.

3. nlminc

from GA

CLM1, thanks for thr info. I haven't found anyone who rents them in my area. .65/ft sounds great! Is that just to cut the new edge or is it with installing some form of edge material. Also is there a lot of clean-up generated from this machine.<p>Thanks, Chris

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

They're awesome. Very little to no clean-up and worth every penny of their 1699.00 price tag (plus cutter wheel)

5. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

If I can make over $200 an hour as clm1 did, hell I'll take two of them. :) It doesn't take long to pay for one at that rate. <p>John

6. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

My price is just for cutting/outlining the bed edge. Nothing more nothing less.

7. nlminc

from GA

Thanks for the info CLM1 and Lazer, I bought the Trench Master and now I'm wondering how I ever worked without it! I can't get over how easy it is and the makes edging look great with very little effort <br>Chris

8. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

Never seen one of these before. Does anyone have a web site for info?

9. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Clml,Lazer and Nlminc,I started a discussion on installation of commercial black edging over in the landscaping forum please feel free to add to it..Trench Master was brought up..How do they work if you have &quot;wild curves&quot; in your bed designs?<p>----------<br>John <br>

10. CLM1

CLM1 LawnSite Member

nlminc, congrats. on your new toy! Keep tabs and let us all know how long it takes you to pay for it. My guess = 12-14hrs..<br>As for curves they work really nice. This truly is a great piece of equip..