1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trenchblade 40 or 58?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exact Rototilling, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Which one and why? ;)

2. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

We made the Trenchblade 40 to fit on a few stick edgers that have very small blade clearance from the back of the blade to the inside of the guard. The 58 is better if you have a machine that it will fit on, if not, use the 40 and still get pretty good results. The stick edgers that will only fit a 40 on there have a poor design to begin with. You need good blade clearance on both sides of a standard edger blade, so it will not clog with soil as fast. It is really just a matter of which blade will fit on your edger. Here is a picture of the different size trenches that each blade will make.

[​IMG]

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the answer.

Any issue with clearance on the current Echo stick edger's? I'm looking at getting the Echo PAS-265 power head with the add-on attachments.

Also may get Tanaka TLE-600.

:waving:

4. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

the 58 will work on any echo, the tankana I am not so sure about. Let me do a little research and ill get back to you about that one.