1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Trencher attachment for skid steer?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Tony Clifton, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to know if anybody uses a trencher attachment on their skid steer. If so, how does it work for you, and what would a good one run? Thanks.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have used them but never bought one. The depending on your ground conditions and how deep you plan on running will depend on how much trencher you will need. Having a high flow skid steer is a must if your running any depth and in tough conditions. Mcmillan makes a great trencher in their heavy duty series. They can get expensive and are high wear items in tough conditions.

3. permagro

permagro LawnSite Member

I recommend you rent a trencher for your skidsteer for a couple different projects before seriously considering purchasing one. After following my own advice for 10 years I purchased a 6" Bradco and have been satisfied with my $4500.00 purchase. I have replaced the chain once and other parts at the same time. Definate advantage to walking out to own building at a moments notice and installing implements on machine though.