Trim Lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by Uncle Grassy, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Grassy

Uncle Grassy LawnSite Member

Unload, Mow and Go! I will trim what's left. When it comes to providing good lawn service the details matter. Give me a call if I can save you time on trimming and blowing your properties on a busy cutting schedule. Trimming, edging and cleaning up whats left is all I do. See ya on the next lawn.

2. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Florida

3. Uncle Grassy

See above again

4. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

this site is designed for people in the industry to discuss anything and everything with others in the industry...seems you are posting an ad, looking for business and this isn't what the site is intended for

Rockchoplawn and JLSLLC like this.
  5. Uncle Grassy

Its just a idea I was hoping to get feedback on. Has anybody seen this sort of service?

Michael J. Donovan likes this.
  6. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't sound like feedback,

What's your location? And your hourly rate?

What kind of equipment you have?

Truck/SUV?

Any marketing?

You insured?

7. Uncle Grassy

I'm in Missouri. Do you think this would be a worth while service?

8. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

If your market yourself to the right crowd- yes

9. Rockchoplawn

Rockchoplawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would probably pay $5 per lawn for this service. Why do you want to do the least desirable part of lawn service for pennies on the dollar? Honestly you would be better off just doing it right and providing the whole service.

I have heard of some guys going out and mowing then having employees following after to do the trimming and blowing. But those guys are making an hourly wage. Figure 5 getting done per hour at least, so their cost is $2.50 per lawn to get the services you described. Plus, i can’t see customers liking the lawn looking half cut for the afternoon. Honestly you’re better off just doing the whole thing. I’m in KC, and no one here does this.

10. Uncle Grassy

This is an idea to earn enough to buy a trailer. Then I can do the whole service. But until then I can count on trimming being the least desirable part of lawn service. That's where I come in, see. Most don't like trimming. Call me a nerd, but I enjoy it. And not for $5.

JLSLLC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.