1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

trimm saw

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by LawnInOrder, Apr 30, 2006.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

which is the best top handle chain saw. i have all redmax products for my string trimmer, blower and hedge trimmer and they are great. I was wondering how there chainsaws are. I have 2 other chainsaws that are huskys, a 141 and 359, which are my dad's. I need a saw from climbing. I was wonder which one i should get. Thanks LawnInOrder

2. palmersfirewood

palmersfirewood LawnSite Member

stihl ms200t is the best

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Funny you should post about top handle chainsaws. I just used the Echo last week. I'm gonna buy one I liked it so much. I think it was the smaller cc model but, it was a real champ.

4. LawnInOrder

so redmax is out. What is a comparable husky model since they are the cloest dealer. Thanks Doug

5. LawnInOrder

I have had bad experiences with echo equipment, that is why i switched to redmax. I love my huksy but since the redmax equipment is good i was considering trying one of those saws. LawnInOrder

6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Echo CS330T saws are awesome!

Great power and lightweight.

7. LawnInOrder

any one try redmax. I have a good redmax/husky dealer near buy. I have had echo products then switched to redmax once i had the ebz8000. Redmax has been geat ot me. So what u guys think of their saws in general

8. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

I have used all, redmax is ok, echo has no power, stihl or husky is the way to go. If I had to buy I would take the 334 husy, it is fairly cheap and is a great saw.

9. Andyshine77

Andyshine77 LawnSite Member

Stihl ms200T or Husky 338xpc. The Echo is a good saw, but underpowered. Stay away from the Redmax climbing saw.

10. LawnInOrder

how much should i be payinf for one of these?