1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trimmer and Blower racks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, Jun 4, 2000.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

i need a rack for my trailer. i want to know what u use (brand) if u like it. also i am starting a all res. crew and i bought one of those 4x8 trailers take a look <br> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/category.taf?f=clearancecats<p>i want a rack for it but it doesent have rails like a landscape trailer<br>can you post any manufactorors or sites i can buy one at<p>thanks for the help<br>-Nick

2. columbiaplower

oh yeah have any of you built your own? if so how does it work?

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

try <br>www.novaecorp.com<br>Check out the Gridiron system.

4. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

You did say a 4x8 trailer, right? The smallest size I would recommend would be a 5x10 and that will be pushing it! You will outgrow that trailer in NO time. I would buy the biggest trailer I could afford and add the racks later, as my cashflow allowed.<br>Good luck whatever your decision.

5. columbiaplower

the 4x8 is just going to hold 1 wb (48in) I have a 16x6 and i am starting another &quot;crew&quot; to just mow the 1/4 acer lawns here and there. the trailer does not have rails like a landscape trailer. i was looking a the trimmer mate from junglejim but i would rather build one.<br>sorry if top post was confusing.<br>-Nick

6. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

I BUILT MY OWN LOCABLE STORAGE BOX IN FRONT OF TRAILER, AND ALSO BUILT MY OWN TRIMMER RACK, THAT LOCKS ALL THREE TRIMMERS AT ONCE.<br>I HAD NEVER WELDED BEFORE, READ A FEW BOOKS ASKED A FEW FRIENDS, PRACTICED A LITTLE,AND IN TWO DAYS HAD THE BOX, ANOTHER DAY AND THE RACK WAS DONE.. REALLY NOT HARD AT ALL