• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Trimmer Heads - What do you use?

Likestomow

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have an Echo 2601 and really don't like the head very much. It seems to feed the line at the least little bump, which I figure wastes about 25% of every spool. Around here I can't find any good replacement heads, so I'd like to hear what (and where to get them) some of you guys use.

Not all heads will fit on the Echo's. I've looked at the Stihl heads, but they won't fit.

Getmow

LawnSite Senior Member
When it starts to feed at the first little bump try tightening the white plastic nut on the spring. If that is tight then replace the head.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
I use Veri brand heads. In particular, I like the full automatic one. Go to www.hev.com

OP
L

Likestomow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks for the tip, GetMow... I'll check it tomorrow.

Bob, I looked at your automatic Veri head as you suggested. I just wonder if the line advances everytime the RPM's change. I'm constantly changing speed as I trim.

IRISH

LawnSite Member
I use Sthil i feel these are the best heads and hand held equiptment there is

i think Sthil heads will fit on an echo trimmer talk to a Sthil dealer they will help you out i put Sthil heads on two stand by weed eaters a fraden and an echo i went to my dealer and they had the parts right there hoook me right up they did.
give it a shot
the guy there said they could put Sthil heads on everything.

Acute Cut

LawnSite Senior Member
I know i am definatly in the minority here, but i say get rid of ALL of them auto heads. I switched a few years ago to the PRO HEAD. This thing is great. It is all metal and you feed line in individually. I have cut my line cost by 34%. It may seem like a hassle at first, but soon it is a pretty quick change. You will find yourself using less and less time as the months go by. Plus they dont wear out as fast if you are doing alot of work over cement or pavement. I know on an old echo i had, i went through about 2 heads a year. Granted, i was a newbie then, but none the less i feel these are supior in many ways. I know i have conviced some other companies around here to buy them and they have called me and thanked me profusely. It also puts less weight at the end of the shaft, thus making the engine work less. The only real difference is learning to NOT set them on the ground and move along. I know i did that alot with the plastic ones and i did fine. This model has a lower profile though and thus will cut too close to the ground. you may want that however, who knows. Good luck, Write me if you cant find it. Ill have my dealer get me info for you if ya need.

Acute Cut

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
On the fully automatic head I use either .095 or .105

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Look up one post.