• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Trimmer heads

dfor

LawnSite Senior Member
What type of trimmer heads are you guys using on your trimmers? Do you prefer one type over the other? I currently use the manual feed head (shindaiwa t-230) and was wondering how the bump feed heads work.

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
We use Shindaiwa bump feed on the T270's and they work nice.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

1stclasslawns

LawnSite Senior Member
Bump for sure. Youll go through a little more line, but you save lots of time, and time is money. <br>I always have an extra legnth of line in my back pocket so I dont have to walk back to the truck. If I am working by myself I have an extra spool in a belt pack. And I also have several legnths already cut and wound with a piece of tape around them.

grasscapeinc

LawnSite Member
Definately go bump feed. You will not go through too much line, and good quality ones work great. Stay away from auto feed, those goes through serious line on a chain link fence.

Bobby

LawnSite Senior Member
I've been runing Shindaiwa weed eaters for ever and every one i've ever had with bump heads vibrated. Not real bad but enough to bother me. So I use the manual. Alone in a crowd.<p>----------<br>Bobby <br>Ft Lauderdale

yardsmith

LawnSite Senior Member
humpty dumpty used the bumpty<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>

southside

LawnSite Senior Member
I tried the manual twist feed heads and the bump feed and they both drove me nuts.Great when they're working but a bastard to put more line into. I use an aluminium head that <br>takes a single piece of line about 18&quot; long.<br>I get ages out of 1 piece of line and I get<br>about 12 months out of a head.<p>Karl<br>