Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess my stuff is getting old cause Im on the mechanics/repair site alot lately.

My Shindaiwa T231 is leaking gas out around the carb. Ive taken it apart and my guess is it is leaking from the throttle valve set of from the O ring.

Am I off base? The trimmer is nearly 6 yrs old. What should I replace on the carb to fix this? A new carb is about $82.

Thanks again for any advice.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The throttle valve will not cause your flooding, the diaphragm gasket in combo with the needle and seat is more then likely your issue.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It has been years since I had my shop and we did not sell Shind, but, I found the breakdown of the carb for the t231 and it is not that different from most carbs on trimmers.

I can never remember a leaking problem, except hoses, on any trimmer.

Have you tried cleaning very well and then locate the exact place of the leak?

Good luck,
de

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has been years since I had my shop and we did not sell Shind, but, I found the breakdown of the carb for the t231 and it is not that different from most carbs on trimmers.

I can never remember a leaking problem, except hoses, on any trimmer.

Have you tried cleaning very well and then locate the exact place of the leak?

Good luck,
de
I have. And the best I could tell is that it was coming from the throttle valve set in the carb... when you pull the throttle trigger, it moves roughly. Almost like it gets stuck open.

Mowermedic thinks its the diaphragm gasket and needle...I will try fixing that 1st...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have. And the best I could tell is that it was coming from the throttle valve set in the carb... when you pull the throttle trigger, it moves roughly. Almost like it gets stuck open.

Mowermedic thinks its the diaphragm gasket and needle...I will try fixing that 1st...
Yea, the needle being set wrong can certainly do it. I am sure Mowermedic has more experience and can help you better. Good luck and will follow this post to see the solution.

echoman

·
Registered
724 Posts
Buy a new trimmer you cheap skate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.