• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Trimmer Line spool rack ??

upsondown

LawnSite Senior Member
How many of you guys use a spool rack permanently attached to your trailers for your trimmer line? TrimmerTrap makes one - but I'm thinking of making my own....anyone done that?

MP350

LawnSite Member
I made one for my enclosed trailer, just got some flat metal bent into a U shape, drilled to hole near end and ran a large bolt through spool to secure. With a large roll of line I only have to change about every 6 months, total cost $3.00.

Turfdude

LawnSite Bronze Member
You can purchase ones like this for around $25.00 from catalogues and some dealers

r0300181.jpg

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
I thought about putting one on my rig but am afraid of it unwinding while going to down the road. Sure would be a liability if it happened. How do you guys keep that from happening?

LawnPerfect

LawnSite Senior Member
I too have one on my gear caddy rack. I just put a rubber band around the spool and slip the end of the line under the band. Been doing it this was for a while and never have had the line unwind.