• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Trimmer Line

rodfather

LawnSite Fanatic
Does anybody know of a 5 sided trimmer line? One of my new customers this year gave me a small spool of it when he was cleaning out his garage since he wouldn't be needing it. I tried it and it was great in the heavy stuff. If it helps any, it was green. Unfortunately, the label was worn off on the side of the spool so I have no idea who makes it.

Any ideas?

Green-Pro

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sorry Rod no clue, but have you thought of taking it to your local handheld dealer and asking if he can identify it? Might be a good test for your dealer :)

OP
rodfather

rodfather

LawnSite Fanatic
Green-Pro said:
Sorry Rod no clue, but have you thought of taking it to your local handheld dealer and asking if he can identify it? Might be a good test for your dealer :)
I asked him about it last Friday and he swore he's seen it someplace. He just can't remember which one of the after-market companies makes it.

gorknoids

LawnSite Senior Member
Toro makes a 6-sided line. It cuts quite a bit faster and cleaner than the round, but it does wear out quicker, especially during vertical edging. I believe that Shindaiwa makes both 4 & 6-sided lines with Aramid fibers to toughen it up.

TClawn

LawnSite Silver Member
I think shindaiwa only makes 4 sided grass attack. the line that I have found last the longest, was rotary .130 vortex line. bullet proof stuff.