• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

trimmer line

gwoods

LawnSite Member
i'm running a stihl fs85 with .105 line, i have been using a blue twisted line but it breaks easy. what kind of line do you recommend?

dkeisala

LawnSite Senior Member
I use the orange stuff that home depot sells on the bit spools on my fs85 - cuts great, doesn't break too often and cost is right

sildoc

LawnSite Silver Member
check your spool. sometimes there is a rough spot that is causing the line to break sooner than what it is supose to. after that experiment with other brands. I like the orange husky .095 line, It lasts along time for non particular areas. for areas that really need to look good I like the titanium silver brand from husky.

tx_angler

LawnSite Senior Member
I run .095" Redmax and Gator Magnum in my Redmax trimmers with good results. The Gator Magnum is square, cuts cleanly and lasts a long time. Any momofilament line will deterioate from UV rays, so don't leave the spool exposed on your trailer all the time.

Del9175

LawnSite Senior Member
I will use just about anything except Echo brand line. I mostly use the brand Home Depot sells, not sure the name but it suits me fine. I bought the Echo line once expecting better results (not that the other was bad, just figured Echo would be better) and was not happy.

MudslinginFX4

LawnSite Bronze Member
Right now I'm using a bunch of string that someone gave me! But after all of it is out I usually order a lot of it off of the internet somewhere. Last time from J. Thomas.