Trimmer Wars!

Clydefrog

LawnSite Member
My first trimmer purchase was a echo srm225 and at first I was regretting it but it was cheap and it will do the job for me for the first couple of years, then it will become my backup. But I'm looking at trimmers and was wanting to go with what my dealer has. They carry stihl and redmax. I have several dealers around me so I have access to just about every brand. I was going to go stihl but I refuse to buy and four stroke and I think they just don't put much into their 2 stroke. So looks like I'll be going with the BCZ260ts. I wanna hear what you think is the best all around trimmer. Take everything into consideration, weight, cost, longevity etc.

OP
C

Clydefrog

LawnSite Member
Stihl FS94, Hands down!
I have used the fs94r and love how lightweight it is but still powerful. But I feel like it all you hear nowadays is horror stories when it comes to stihl's stick equipment.

Bumpmaster

LawnSite Fanatic
Hmm, just finished 2nd year with the 94,no issues.

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
Yup same here its got 2yrs on it starts 2nd or 3rd pull every time.

Bumpmaster

LawnSite Fanatic
Do you guys run any of the 4 stroke stihl trimmers? if so, do you have good experiences with them
I run the 4 stroke Stihls 90,100,111, an 130. Have learned those units only run as good as the fuel mixture you put into them.

OP
C

Clydefrog

LawnSite Member
I run the 4 stroke Stihls 90,100,111, an 130. Have learned those units only run as good as the fuel mixture you put into them.
Do you run stihl blowers as well? Got a bg85 give to me and I'll need to upgrade soon