• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Trimmers and edgers: which are best?

Joe25

LawnSite Member
I would go with Echo again. I have always been quite satisfied with all of Echo's power equipment. Their equipment is very reliable and I have had very few problems. I would go with ECHO

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
Might as well put in a vote for Shindiawa.....they run and run....

Derek

MOturkey

LawnSite Silver Member
I bought an Echo 260, I believe is the model number with the new "tornado" engine. Runs great, starts easily. I just today purchased a Stihl FC85 edger, which I haven't even started yet. I bought it largely because of it being mentioned on so many postings. It seemed to be the favorite of many users of this site.

MudslinginFX4

LawnSite Bronze Member
I use Echo trimmers, edgers, and blowers. I am going to buy several new pieces this year and was thinking about another brand but I have never had a Echo to go out on me so I will prob stay with them.

Toehill

LawnSite Member
Geez you guys arent working hard enough if your ECHOS arent dying......Go with the REDMAX the asian engineers seem to be the best that 7001 blower is the best around I replaced all my blowers trimmers and edgers with REDMAX

MudslinginFX4

LawnSite Bronze Member
Haha... Toehill, we put those echos through total abuse. When I say we have never had one go out on us I mean as far as engines blowing up etc... every now and then I have to fool around with a couple of things and change the spark plugs, air filters etc.. If I am able to get 2 years out of them I am happy, they have paid for themselves plus made me a great profit.