Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by meets1, Jun 8, 2019.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I run RED MAX but there on the last leg. I have had a kawa trimmer that was awesome but we broke the shaft. I run a 20 year Makita trimmer which everyone loves but throttle let go and I cant find a part at all online. I also run maruyma trimmers which are decent.

In need of new. I am not a husky trimmer fan yet there a cousin to the red max...dealer 5 minutes away (different guy) I am not a stihle fan at all.

So I have been looking at ECHO - I have a few guys that would like a curved shaft back in the fleet...they have a 55 inch curve. Nearest dealer is 20 minutes away.

Red Max - I can order direct ...don't ask but dealer is 15 minutes away. Looking at the BCZ260S straight shaft.

Maruyma - dealer is 5 minutes away and has a lot on hand.

Looking for one curve and 2 straights. Suggestions?

2. Ferris Man

Ferris Man LawnSite Member

Echo has done well for us. I’m with you on sthils. Never had one that did well.

hort101 likes this.
  3. CGros31

CGros31 LawnSite Senior Member

All I run are Echo. Can’t go wrong with them in my opinion. I’m not a fan of curved shaft trimmers but different strokes for different folks.

Ferris Man and hort101 like this.
  4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I love my BCZ260S. I had one that was a lemon from the jump, so took it back a year later and for $40, got a new one. This one has been flawless and is a great trimmer. It is light and well balanced. Mine has plenty of power for 95% of trimming needs. I run an SF 400 and Echo BD line.

5. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl 94, Nuff said. An BTW how you trim under bushes with a curved shaft?

Doc8406, K c m and Cam15 like this.
  6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

You want a shaft for your kawi? I've got about 3 or 4 dead ones all shafts good. Most parts are good. They are the solid shaft models I'll have to get the # when I get back. Always figured I could make one working if I had the time... I don't.

Bumpmaster likes this.
  7. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

I’m going to ask anyways...
    How to you order redmax direct?

saw man and Cam15 like this.
  8. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Silver Member

2nd vote for the stihl 94r.

9. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

I've runt he fs94r and its a solid trimmer, but i can't justify the $350 price tag. I can almost get to of the echo srm225's for that, and I'm wiling to bet they will last just as long as the fs94r

CGros31 likes this.
  10. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Cant go wrong with redmax