Trimming bird of paradise with weed eater saw blade....?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by rshimizu12, Feb 16, 2019.

1. rshimizu12

rshimizu12 LawnSite Member

Trimming bird of paradise with weed eater saw blade....?

Has anyone ever tried trimming a bird of paradise with a weed eater metal blade....? Just wonder, but it seems dangerous....?

2. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

This past summer I was watching videos on the "Renegade" blade made for trimmers. I think it was around $15. It looks like a circular saw blade.

I made a LOT of money this past fall and winter using it. Incredible blade. I have cut everything down from trees to trimming crape myrtles. Unlike a chainsaw it leaves a clean cut and no bending over.

Overall best pure money making piece of equipment I've bought in years. No joke.

I can clear out entire areas of brush in minutes with workers grabbing everything that us being cut. Super efficient

3. rshimizu12

Just ordered a 80 tooth carbide blade. I considering making a pair of metal shin guards. I am concerned about the kickback from the steel blade

4. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

That blade will never get near you unless you drop it, aren't wearing a harness, and are cutting at the wrong angle.

iand likes this.
  5. iand

iand LawnSite Bronze Member

take care when using metal blades and you should be ok but be very careful remember hit a pipe,fence or garden edging and depending on what it's made of you will either puncture it,smash it or at least cut it

6. rshimizu12

What sort of harness should I be wearing..?

7. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

8. woodyboy

woodyboy LawnSite Member

MOST MANUFACTURES OFFER A J HANDLE KIT COMES WITH HARNESS AND
    NEW GUARD. upload_2019-2-21_15-22-52.png